Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A&H's visit


Well, the adage does say 'better late than never', right? :D  Yes, I know that Andrew and Heather were here over a month ago, but I've just now had the chance to go through pictures from their visit :)  
Anyway, for those of you who don't know, my brother Andrew and his wife, Heather, live in the Philippines and run an orphanage in the city of Manila. (and I get to gooooo this fall!!! :D :D :D)  They had the chance to visit us in the beginning of July, so enjoy this photographic smattering of their time here in Pittsburgh :)


On the 4th of July, my dad was able to get tickets to the Pirates game.  Our day can be summed up with one word: hot. :D  But we still had a good time, the Bucs won, and I even got a nice tan to show for it!






Fun action shots :)


<3



I'm not even going to try and comment on this pic ;)



<swoons> That lens!!!! :D :D


My grandfather was a trainer for the Pirates for several years....it was fun to find his picture on the wall of the stadium :)




Best peanuts ever :D


I think we went through about 3 Italian ices each....




Later on in the week we went up to Presque Isle in Erie for the day.  It was absolutely gorgeous, and one of my personal highlights :)
BUT before we got to the beach we passed a mall, and as we passed said mall, I spotted one of my favorite stores :D  So of course we had to detour.....




We had a little too much fun trying on hats :D






And I was good - I only bought one thing!! ;D

We headed to the beach for most of the day, and then stopped at a tiny little diner to enjoy some ice cream and curly fries :)






Meet Frank Furter.  He was very nice, and posed for a picture with us :D


<sigh> My driving reputation goes before me :D

My graduation party was on Saturday (hope to have a post on that eventually :D) and it was so great to have my whole family there!


Poor Rach was on the receiving end of a water balloon ;)


(please excuse the wild hair - I had just gotten drenched by a certain little brother of good friends :P)

One of the last things we did was take a weekend trip out to Lancaster County.  This is one of my favorite places to visit, and we even got to go to a Sight & Sound play!!  I was inspired :D


Starbucks had a 'free refresher day', so we all got one to try.  The verdict is still out on them, but personally I don't think I'd get one again :P




Heather was thrilled to find a hammock :)


Moving on...to the best chocolate ever :D



We had to laugh - it's a little hard to see in the picture, but this is a massive chocolate bar inscribed with the words 'Get Well' :D  Chocolate is just the food to eat when you're feeling under the weather! :P



Our last destination was a little candy store that we've gone to for years (and in case you're wondering, we did do other things besides hunt for candy :P  These are just the pictures that I have :D)






Only in Lancaster can you buy gummi chicken feet :P



I'm not even going to try and figure out how to eat one of these!


On the way home, we had many heated games of Scrabble :)

A&H, I had so much fun :)  Thanks for making the first few weeks of July so exciting! :D  Can't wait to spend some time with you this fall!!!
Bex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment