Monday, August 6, 2012

{Summer Love}

If I've never mentioned it before, I absolutely love summer :D  There is nothing quite like warm, lazy days to put you in a good mood!!  This summer has been unusually hot, but it's still flying by as fast as usual :)
And since summer is the perfect time for photoshoots, my dear friend Elizabeth and I have been talking about getting together to take some pictures for a while now, and I was finally able to go to her family's farm on Saturday.  They have the most amazing collection of gorgeous dresses, so we all ('all' meaning Elizabeth, her five sisters, and me) did our hair, dressed up, and traipsed out into the 100 degree heat :D  I am now fully convinced that a cuter family does not exist, so I just had to share their smiling faces with you :)


Dear, sweet, beautiful Liz :)  We are so much alike it's not even funny!  She is to blame for getting me so involved with hockey, and she is also to blame for making me cry with laughter every time we have a sleepover :D  Liz is an incredible photographer herself (be sure to check out her blog!) and we share a mutual love of the 50 MM lens!  


Gorgeous Em :)  I am so thrilled that this girl is now on Pinterest, because I can now get all her crafting ideas!! :D  Emily has the sweetest spirit, and she can bring a smile to anyone's face with her amazing violin playing :)  I look forward to seeing what the Lord has in store for her in the coming years!!


Beautiful Isabelle :)  Doesn't she have the most gorgeous eyes??!!  I have so many fond memories of Isabelle - one of the most notable being literally up to our elbows in ketchup at a church picnic several years ago :)  She is also a very talented musician, and I always look forward to hearing her play :D


Darling Olivia :)  If I am ever having a bad day, I can always count on Olivia for a big hug and a smile :D  She is always looking for ways to help others, and her cheery presence has lightened many a room :)  We share a mutual love of flowers in our hair, and I look forward to many more hair styling sessions ;)


Sweet Emmaline :)  I always love seeing her in church because she never forgets a single memory verse, and she is always the first to raise her hand when questions are asked :D  With her passion for all things John Deere, Liney truly is a farm girl through and through, and she is always bringing joy to those around her :)


And who could forget the little diva in the group: Miss Annamae :)  She has been my little friend since the day she was born - I still remember her as a baby giving big grins to all who passed by :D  Now she has a love of all things Fancy Nancy, and we both agree that the more sparkle, the better :P  


But this post would not be complete without Dave :)  Cuddly, adorable, all-around farmboy Dave :D  We always say that he will either be the perfect husband, or a confirmed bachelor....either way, he holds his own among a household of girls :)  I always love to watch him ride the tractor with his dad, and I'm sure farming will always hold a special place in his heart ;)

So there you have it - the whole family :)  Now can you see why they're so much fun to photograph? :)








All the animals looked on with great interest :)



And Seymour has to be the friendliest dog you'd ever want to meet :D









A friend gave them her wedding dress, so Emily was our beautiful model :D







Jane Austen meets Canon ;)




Did I mention that I love these girls? :D


And to close, here's a pic that Elizabeth took of me (isn't that dress gorgeous?! :D):


Thank you so much girls (and Dave :D) for letting me spend the day with you - I had way too much fun (as usual :D)  You are a truly beautiful family, and I can't wait to do another photoshoot again soon!!
Bex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment