Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A summer experiment

So I was browsing Pinterest the other day, and I came across the neatest picture of a child's hands, and it sparked an idea :)  I have always been fascinated with hands...they get scraped, bruised, and dirtied, yet they remain such a vital part of our bodies.  A simple dictionary definition defines 'hand' as "The end part of a person's arm beyond the wrist, including the palm, fingers, and thumb."  But hands are so much more than that, aren't they?  As the adage says, 'you never know what you have until you lose it', and I think that so many of us take our hands for granted until we are made aware of what our lives would be like without them.  I've also found it interesting how many times the Bible references the 'hand of God' and its role in our lives, one of my favorites being Job 12:10: "In his hand is the life of every living thing and the breath of all mankind."  God holds every living thing in the palm of his hand!!
Anyway, I decided to embark on a summer experiment :)  My challenge?  Take pictures of as many hands as possible.  On some, the skin will be dry and chapped from hours of serving others.  On some, the skin will be faded and wrinkled from year after year of living  a long and full life.  So I invite you to join me in my explorations as we continue to discover that each and every individual truly is 'fearfully and wonderfully made' :)


Bex <3

No comments:

Post a Comment