Saturday, July 19, 2014

{7.19.14} Snapshot

//because this was the weekend that we decided to abandon adult responsibilities (aka: "work") and travel to one of our favorite places (aka: "Lancaster") and along the way we got sidetracked by outlet malls and ice cream factories and we took crazy pictures and ate too much food and all in all we decided that this annual trip really is the best part of the summer :)

(and because lists make the world a much happier place, I have everything organized for your easy reference :))

Stop #1: Turkey Hill's "Ice Cream Experience"


If you spend any amount of time with my dad and I you will quickly find out that mint chocolate chip ice cream (ok, any ice cream) is our biggest weakness, so naturally we were intrigued by Turkey Hill's ice cream factory/museum/hands-on experience :)


(did I mention it was hands-on?  As in, you got to create your own flavor.  Now these are the kinds of places I could get used to!)



Yeah I don't think I'm taking up the dairy life anytime soon.


My dad, on the other hand, just might have found his new calling!


No we're all just crazy.  Anyway...

Stop #2: Outlet malls

(I didn't take any pictures here because that would have been kind of weird and besides my mom and I are power shoppers and we whipped through the clearance racks so fast that we were done in record time)

Stop #3: Smith's Candy Store

Ah yes, Lancaster's best-kept secret.  Yes I told you we ate too much this weekend, and this store did nothing to help matters.  With endless rows of glass jars filled with every sugary goodness imaginable, this store is definitely for the serious candy lover.


(and because I think lollipops are one of the best photo props ever created.)

Stop #4: Lunch

Did I mention we ate a lot?


Oh and coffee shops have cool artwork, mirrors, etc.


(from your token third wheel on this trip :))


Stop #5: Walking around Lititz


This town is a very happy place filled with adorable stores and amazing book nooks.  It is good for the soul :)

Stop #6: The Best Chocolate You Will Ever Have

(aka: "Wilbur Buds")



Why thank you!  Don't mind if I do....

Stop #7: My Favorite Place On Earth

(aka: "Sight & Sound Theater)

I really need to stop going here because I question my career choices every time.  Seriously, if you have never been here you need to make a trip out to central PA just to see one of these Broadway-caliber musicals.  Even though we've seen every single one of their productions for as long as I can remember, this new one was probably one of their best yet!


(and don't worry - I thought about things rationally on the car ride home and decided that PHC really is where I belong.  But I still wouldn't mind doing this kind of musical theater on the side.  That totally fits with international policy....right?? ;))

And that's that!  These are just some late-night ramblings, but I can't even say how wonderful it was to spend a relaxing weekend with the best parents in the world...the Lord truly has made my cup overflow with blessings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment